Do you lose more, less or the same amount of pool water when the pump is on versus when the pump is off?
Things that the homeowner can easily check for first:
- Is water going out the backwash line while pump is on?
- Make sure the ladder “rubber bumpers” arc securely in place and that the ladder hasn’t torn the liner.
- Look for wet spots in ground around pool and filter area.
- In concrete or fiberglass pools, do you have a hydrostat relief valve in the main drain? (Most vinyl liner pools will not have this)
- With pump off tighten all screws on skimmer, light, return, step (may have to remove trim) and main drain (may have to remove cover to got to sealing ring make sure safety cover is reinstalled properly before running pool pump).
The number one cause for holes in pool liner is the telepole with no attachment on the end such as a net or brush. The number two cause for holes in pool liners is no rubber bumpers on ladder rails.